Desiree’ Wright
Project ideas
Black Panther On the Rise
Over the past month there has been an exciting new trend taking over around the world who for some people, had never heard of this superhero that everyone has gone crazy about just a couple weeks ago. This project gives people like myself a chance to learn of the accomplishments that the newest Marvel film, “Black Panther” has conducted these past couple of weeks and how it has affected the community either positively or negatively. “Black Panther” is a Marvel superhero action film that was first screened in theaters on February 16, 2018. This date changed the lives of hundreds maybe even millions forever.
Originally, I was going to only record my reaction to the movie before and after and then look up people’s reactions to the movie and compare. Now I have a new approach and that is to ask people from my college campus questions about the movie to see how they also reacted.This project will ask random people how they feel about the Black Panther movement whether they have viewed the movie or have not. If they have not seen the movie, they have definitely seen people’s reactions on social media or the news so I want to know how they perceive the movement. Some of the basic questions that will be asked to participants are, “Did you like the movie as a whole?” “Why do you think that Black Panther brought in billions of dollars in less than a week?” “Why do you think the black community has been so heavily influenced by this movie when there has been other mostly black cast movies before?” These questions will help stimulate conversation about the subject that will help me tally up other people’s opinions, which at the end will help me come to my conclusion on the impact this movie has brought thus far. By my audience being apart of my project, it will get them to think about how they really felt about the film instead of just saying they did or did not like it and that they will get them to participate in my project. I will be examining the income accumulated from the Black Panther film, the response the box office gave the film and all of the aftermath involved with the film. From my understanding, this movie has exceeded all other movies making billions. It has an all black cast and I will be researching who these people are to get a better understanding of why they were picked for the roll. For this project, I will be making video logs of everything so that I capture live emotions of the people that I will be interviewing. I will travel to the movie theaters to watch the film for myself so I can give the audience a detailed first person response. By watching the film without any knowledge prior, I can get a clearer understanding of the film by not having a bias point of view towards the movie. After making my video log on the film, I can then compare how people around the world and people from my own college community has taken from the film. Then I will put all of the videos together in a slide show and post it on YouTube in order to let other people who might be interest in the same topics as me see the project. I am still not sure on the exact research I will be conducting considering the fact that this project is all about perspective, opinion and more but there are some websites that I have in mind. For the number aspect of this film, I will be looking on websites that show the data collected from movies in order to see how many ticket sales were made and the impact on the viewers. To see how other people feel besides the people on my college campus I will look up reviews from credible sights. This topic was chosen because it is the latest craze in everyday media and all the attention this film has received has caught my attention so I want to learn more about this movement. As I have been excelling in my college journey, I have become more in tune with black empowerment from learning how important my heritage and ancestors were to everyday life. I have been watching, reading and talking to people who have been taught the right history instead of the white history so I can build my own perception of what my ancestors really achieved instead of what I have been told. Learning more about why the black community held such respect and gave the highest homage to this movie can help me understand this journey that I am on. As a psychology major I am interested in knowing how everyone thinks about the same topic, almost as if I am about to perform a case study. As human beings we all are entitled to our own feelings and perceptions of what we view on the daily bases. I want the audience to see how everyone either feels the same or different about the same subject since this movie is the number one streaming topic. References: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel2017b.htm The box office website for amount of money made http://marvel.com/characters/5/black_panther Marvel’s official website giving insight to how it all began. https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/6/16977756/black-panther-movie-review-ryan-coogler-marvel-cinematic-universe-chadwick-boseman-michael-b-jordan website speaking on black panther movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment