Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Golden Age Proposal

From the jump, I already had an idea of what I wanted to do for my final. I wanted to do something out of the ordinary. Power points, oral and written presentations is a great way to get your point your message across to the audience. I think creating a skit would be more effective and get the audience to engage with the actors. My theme is going to be, The Golden Age of the 1920s. This was a busy and important time period in the united states. In my skit, I will try my best to reenact the Flappers, Roaring Twenties and the Prohibition. For the Flapper, I wanted to show the audience the way women acted. Expose their behavior from, being lady like to this is not lady like. This can be called, The New Woman In my opinion, this was a huge moment for the women in the united states this is when they had the guts to act how they wanted and not how they were supposed to act. For the Roaring Twenties, I will focus on the Jazz Age. I will try my best to interpreted famous Jazz singers. As stated, many young people wanted to do was dance: the Charleston, the cake walk, the black bottom, the flea hop. Perhaps make this skit into a disco or club will be entertaining Many people I know is not into that genre to its going to be new not only for my audience but for myself. This will also be learning as I do my research. The final topic I will touch upon will be the prohibition. This was when alcohol became band in the United States, this caused chaos because how are they going to bang something that our country was founded upon. From then on, it was illegal to sell any “intoxication beverages” with more than 0.5% alcohol”. I will think this will be a funnier skit because I will try to have the actors act rowdy. Overall, my objective is to expose and enlighten my audience on the Golden Age. I want to show them that this was a great time period. In order for this to be a successful project I will need volunteers, props so it can be realistic but by the way it is looking I might not be able to get these props.
            The reason why I picked this topic was because, I enjoy talking and learning about the 1920s in the United States. I enjoy history and I felt like this time period would best intertwine with the class being it is about activist. All three of these topics deals with political and social change. The message of this project is to educate and further the audience on how the Golden Age period went about things. I will engage the audience by volunteering because none of my friends are willing to help me with the skit. So that will be one form on how the audience will be able to engage with the project. Another form of engagement will be asking questions about the time period.
            This project also will help me with my psychology because it shows that after while people get tired of the same routine and want change. It has a lot to do with evolution and being influence buy the environment. I personally think it’s something to do with the cognitive way of thinking. It’s always nice to spice things up. Don’t get me wrong it is possible that many people try to have this political and social change by being rebellious. One thing I learned in my previous psychology course is about the subjective of well-being. When a person does something that they will enjoy in the long run I will show that they are happier and have a higher satisfaction level. I hope when I do more research on my topics it will be about to further my knowledge on psychology.
            Overall, my overview is so think outside the box and do something out of my comfort zone. I want to make a skit on the Golden Age focusing on three topic which are Flapper, Jazz Age and Prohibition. All three of these topics will goes hand on hand with this course because it talks about activism. These topics also charge to strive for a social and political change. The reason I choose this theme was because it is something that interest me and I feel like this would be the best time to further my knowledge on this time period, because I somewhat lack in this area. This project also will help me in my professional aspiration but helping me understand the social and political change. Being a psychology major I learn nothing ever stays the same. Everything is subject to change. Noting is always content. So I hope this will help me in the long run.

Reference:
History.com Staff. (2010). The Roaring Twenties. Retrieved March 14, 2018, from https://www.history.com/topics/roaring-twenties








No comments:

Post a Comment