For example, when I was a Freshman in Secaucus High School, my friend and I were playing Skyrim. I was only watching him play for a while then I decided to check the news. I came across an article about Japan having another tsunami and I was completely shocked about it. I told my friend about it but he was too busy trying to figure out how alchemy worked in Skyrim. My friend kept wandering how to use alchemy while Japan just had another tsunami even after I told him about it.
Another example is when my friend John and I were talking about how there something bad happening everyday during the summer of 2016. We were playing a game called Overwatch and we would check the news and constantly hear a tragic death happened. First we would hear about a truck running over pedestrians, then we would hear about a club shooting in Florida, and then Christina Grim was killed. We would talk about how terrible the world was, especially me because I was so shocked that there was no time to mourn any of their deaths because there was so much death.
We use media a lot to either gain insight on the world or follow the latest trends that are happening. Another way we use media to show the latest meme's that would mock society or political comics that would express the author's dissatisfaction with the any political ideologies. The news usually covers mass protests or riots. Social media is also a way to spread awareness and resistance by gaining followers who share the same ideas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xCJbJjpIqE
No comments:
Post a Comment