Monday, January 22, 2018

Who do I think I am?


My role in media consumption is minimal. I only use YouTube and do google searches for the things I want to see and learn more about. My favorite youtuber is Exploring with Josh. I enjoy seeing and learn about what most people in the world have forgotten about. I love that photographing and filming these abandoned places give them a new life. Although I do not get to experience many abandoned places first hand I am still able to find a few forgotten places around that I photograph and then edit and draw large scale.

None of who I am and who I want to be is measured against the media’s examples and images. It is my belief that the media’s portrayal of all people is garbage. I actively avoid conforming to what the media says at all costs. The only person I want to be is myself and I want to be all of myself all the time. I don’t care about the judgement of other people.

Most people that do pay attention to the media tend to become self-conscious and are always worried about being what other people want them to be. They don’t see that looks aren’t everything. So, they waste their time (mostly girls) putting on makeup, when in reality men don’t exactly like makeup.

Activists are covered by the media because of websites like Facebook and newspapers. On Facebook, you see videos that people make comments on to voice their views on the issues in the video. I can remember seeing a video about women talking about how they don’t want to use bras because they are uncomfortable, and men have nipples too. On one hand, the video is saying that some women find wearing bras pointless. On the other hand, there are mixed points of view in the comments section (the more you read the comments the more you see people trying to put down the activists). In newspapers activists are in the comic strips. They voice their opinions through humor hoping that people laugh and remember their opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment