Wednesday, April 25, 2018

PROJECT UPDATE

What's up guys, I just got to the hotel in South Carolina and here is my update for you all.

These are a few sketches of what I have so far. As you can see some of them are from the early years of my mother giving birth to my sister and myself and a few situations where she was always there for us. It later leads to my sister leaving for her journey to boot camp. I'm going to add a few skits of her boot camp experience as a woman after I get to interview her on Thursday after her graduation so I can get an idea of what it was like for her. That'll also help me decide how I want to end the comic. I'm going to use a sharpie pen to outline everything once I complete the sketches and color a few parts of it as well (mainly my sister since she is the main character). Hopefully it comes out good, but please let me know what you guys think so far and if you have any feedback. My topic is on feminism and how I believe females are the superior gender. Since women are seen as the weaker gender I want to prove that they are capable of doing anything a male can and even better just as my mother did as a parent and my sister did in the process of completing her boot camp training.


         

         

         

QUESTIONS FOR INTERVIEW:

How hard was the basic training? Give me an example of a task you believed to be extremely difficult.

How does it feel to be a women in an environment known as a "male's job"?

Do you think your gender made it for any difficulties in being accepted as a useful member of the unit?

Did you feel the need to prove yourself as being equal or better then the men in your unit?

Do you believe at any time of the basic training that the women and men were treated differently?

How does it feel to prove all of our family members wrong?

Would you recommend the military to other young women?

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment