 |
Comic Logo
|
The inspiration behind the Chronicles of Phoenix Rose is based off of the #MeToo movement. The topic of rape and sexual assault needs to be discussed more in our society. There is a high climate of rape and sexual assault charges in our society, but some of those cases are either false or sweated under the rug. My graphic novel was based off of a woman who was sexually assaulted and becomes a vigilante and goes after rapist and gives them justice. The purpose of this is how the character of the story turned a negative to a positive. I want the charterer of my story to empower people who are affected by sexual assault. I feel that in real life, people who are victims of rape, they do not get any justice at the end. People who commit these crimes usually walk free.
I wanted to create a hero because, sometimes, rape survivors have no real heroes. The inspiration behind this graphic novel is based on the superhero craze. Superheroes are meant to make people feel empowered, and that is the goal. How, the Black Panther and Wonder Woman was able to inspire and create a movement.
I used Phoenix a symbol of hope and strength as the logo for my graphic novel. The meaning behind Phoenix is rebirth also known as rising from the ashes. I want to turn that meaning into reclaiming power, power that you that you once lost or power that you thought you never had.
 |
| Issue 1 |
 |
Issue 2
|
No comments:
Post a Comment